• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

weight loss supplements

angryteabag

Bluelighter
are there any supplements that are actually effective in helping with weight loss?

im like just that god damn little bit off being fully ripped. i have muscle but its hidden under a little layer of fat. i have a slow materialism so i gain weight almost instantly so i figure something that will make me sweat a little more when i go for runs

any suggestions?

green tea or something with low caffeine would be the safest best. I know that a cup of green or black tea before the gym makes me sweat loads. There are a lot of supplements out there with "proprietary herbal blends" that might make you lose weight faster but they also can be bad for your heart.

^ yup, green tea for sure. If you're from the UK (not sure if you can get them elsewhere) Holland & Barrett do this stuff called 'Super Green Tea' (they also do regular Green Tea tablets but they aren't as good). They give you a lot of energy in the day, which makes you less hungry, and then by the time it gets to bedtime you are REALLY TIRED! which is also great if you have trouble sleeping (this is partly why I took them, and not for weight loss at all)

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=820&searchterm=super green tea&rdcnt=1

but beware, they can be *somewhat* more-ish (not in a serious way though!) so just stick to what they tell you to take or they can make you a bit manic!
xx

^ I just read on another thread that you're 18 years old.

just as a note: *please* be careful with any kind of weight loss supplements at your age! (don't wanna be one to nag or whatever) you are still fairly young, and although Green Tea is herbal, you need to think of the implications for your overall health of losing weight which you *may* still need...

If you're a healthy weight (muscle or not) there is a reason for it. You don't want to do your body any damage that it's not due! save that for the drugs ;) xx

haha thanks. good advise.

ill look into green tea but maybe 0live is right.
maybe i should just stick to exercising normally for a bit

im just sick of having stocky legs and butt yet perfectly fine upper body

From what I've heard and read repeatedly, the visible muscle that you're looking for depends heavily on a very low fat diet.

yeah man, I actually did a 4 page report on dietary supplements for school last semester. and all the research I did points me to the conclusion that you can't really take a pill to fix your problems... you just gotta work for it.

like other folks said, you can take some of those "hydroxycut" type pills, but they're basically ephedra/caffeine/speed pills and they'll make your heart work harder.... could help, but they'll definitely hurt your heart in the long run.

I've actually been looking into this, however I decided it would be better just to start off doing something then sitting here researching and researching all day. But I'm no bodybuilder(obviously) or anything this is just from what I learned in a couple days.

To clarify first off, there are no pills(anywhere) that will make you loose weight(fat) without diet and exercising. Also most of the pills have not been clinically studied nor approved by the FDA, so everything stated is not always fact and long term effects are not known.

There are different kinds of weight pills but I've been looking into endothermics. Most contain generally the samething. Caffeine, synephrine(ephedrine is no longer used) or other stimulant(geranium?), yohimbine, and other misc supplements to aid you. They work by heating up your body and increasing metabolic function. You can loose lots of water weight so don't be deceived, but you wanna loose fat.

I'm actually on my second day of lipo 6, which I have failed at horribly (haven't exercised). There are still some problems though, so this might help you make a decision. First staying hydrated is very important while on endothermics. I mean lots of water. It's not difficult to stay hydrated but the problem occurs that you will pee often. If you have work, school, or both which you probably do this will present a problem as pissing every 15 minutes will affect class/work time. And the only other thing I have found so far is that they suppress appetite. It appears to me that one of the most important things mentioned in losing weight is a fast metabolism. You can get this only by eating healthy, portionally, and often. So skipping meals isn't helping in long term weight loss or general health.

I don't wanna make this a super long post, so to sum it up you are gonna have to diet(maybe not diet but make healthy choices or cut back) and exercise with or without the pills. So if you don't feel comfortable with the side effects or long term effects then stick to the old fashion way. It will always work. However with the pills you might be able to decrease your body fat even quicker than normally.

Extreme physical conditioning along with a very strict diet combined with a fat burning supplement from gnc or someplace. I have a regular workout schedule that gets me sweating bullets and busting balls on a daily basis. I was 14% body fat a year ago and now I'm at 6%. I was recently prescribed adderall so I think that contributes a little to my body fat loss, in no way am I recommending it tho.. 6% is low considering my genes. I'm the only one on my dads side of the family who is lower than 25%

exercise is a good way of at least toning up for any weight loss you do have.
I have been hearing from a few friends they use something called hoodia, it suppresses the appetite. Sort of thing I should get for myself but know the idea of not feeling hungry might make me forget to eat when I am busy so dont like that idea.
eat well and exercises always seems the best options tho :)